Making Time for What is Really Important
Have you ever put something off.. waited longer than necessary to start a project or finish a project, do the laundry, clean the car, get organized and complete a goal?
I have done that. I have put off writing, cleaning, booking a trip, and doing the laundry. Why do we do it?
• Not Enough Time. Everyone has the same 24 hours a day. It’s how we choose to spend our time that determines our future.
• Too Many Projects. Melissa, you don’t understand, I have so many things going on at one time. My responsibilities at work, taking care of my children, household chores and keeping up my friendships.
• Laziness. Being lazy is often a culprit in preventing us from spending time on the things that really matter.
• Distractions. This is a big one. How much time do you spend watching television or on social media?
• Lack of Energy. After you spend time on all the other demands of life, you often feel like getting up earlier to accomplish your goals is not possible.
• No Motivation. You are so burned out you don’t see how making changes will affect your future.
• Fear. Anxiety and Fear sometimes paralyze us from doing the things we know we need to do.
Just like in natural responsibilities of life we sometimes put off. You can do the same with your spiritual life. To grow spiritually and have a victorious Christian life you must do certain things. Not only to maintain a certain level of victory but to see supernatural growth you must continue in these practices.
What are 3 things I can do everyday to walk in victory?
1. Read your Bible to renew your mind to the new creature in Christ you have become. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful.” JOSHUA 1:8 AMP
2. Speak words of life and Victory into your day and future.
3. Pray in tongues. He who speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto man but unto God, howbeit he speaks mysteries. “For one who speaks in an unknown tongue does not speak to people but to God; for no one understands him or catches his meaning, but by the Spirit he speaks mysteries [secret truths, hidden things].”
1 CORINTHIANS 14:2 AMP
We have to prioritize reading our Bible, speaking the Word of God and praying in tongues. If you don't put the things of God first they will fall lower and lower on your to do list and will sometimes not ever get done. Or be done so infrequently you don't see progress or lasting results.
You must make the Word of God and spending time with the Holy Spirit your top priority. When you do. Life will take on new meaning and purpose. You will have vision for you future and begin to see the progress in your life your wanting.
Whatever your need is be it financial, physical or something in your family,He has all the answers. You have to get it from spending time with Him and his Word. All it takes is a decision that you act upon. Start today. Use the links I provided here and get started. It will forever change your life.
What are some time stealers that keep you from making time with God and His Word first place?